Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What A Joke Painting

For this one, I just really really really wanted to paint a face head on. When I  first started painting, I was always scared to paint faces and eyes, so I tried to evoke emotion with the body and its surroundings, but I really just wanted to face my fears (haha) and at least TRY it. 
There isn't really meaning to this one, I wanted to do a mug shot and I honestly just wanted to paint a FACE! His harsh makeup makes him look as if he is a "gloomy clown" but if you look closer, he is actually smiling and his eyes are gentle and soft. It's like he has found who is truly is but he has to continue on being how others see him, but he doesn't care because he's found what makes him happy. He's broken the rules, but doesn't care.
(I painted this right after my art camp)

2 comments:

  1. I really like that he is smiling but you can't really tell until you look closely. The colors are so vibrant and it really makes the clown stand out. I really like the background and that it incorporates the colors in the clown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alecia! :) I think you're right, it's kind of hard to tell unless you look closely, I did that kind of purpose because I love looking REALLY closely at art and then finding something in a painting that no one else has, so I just wanted to try something similar to that.

    ReplyDelete