Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Silent Scream Painting

There isn't much of a story to this one--this is honestly how I feel in Video Tech (haha), how I feel about/in school. The short, fat, ANNOYING clown is non-stop nagging the mime, telling him what to do all the time, not letting him breathe, not leaving him alone--not allowing him to grow into who could be because she won't let him make his own mistakes. The mime, who is thin, and worn down, can't say anything back because he has no voice. Inside he is saying SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP you don't know ME, you don't know anything about me, because YOU WON'T LET ME SPEAK. But he can't speak up, he is trapped inside himself and who everyone expects him to be, thus forcing him to sit there and take it even though he can't stand it.

3 comments:

  1. I like the humor in this! I also really enjoy the texture you created in the background. When was this created? Your light source is also nice and clear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! (I was in a really sarcastic and annoyed mood!!) I painted this in November 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reason I asked about when it was created is because I really enjoy the texture in the background so much. It's nice to see you experimenting with painting techniques. Think about how you can combine painting techniques as well. For instance, what if you used the texture in another background but then the foreground was more like the longhorn piece? Using different textures and painting techniques could create depth and maybe you'll find a really interesting combination!

    ReplyDelete