Wednesday, June 13, 2012

April 2012-Blue Gypsy

This is something I made in April. At first I wanted it to be gypsy mother with her infant but I literally painted her baby like 924580430923845 times and it either looked like a loaf of bread or one of Akhenaten’s alien babies! So, I decided drop the idea of the baby. I don’t really have a story for this one, I just really wanted to paint quiet/silent/still/sad night that’s still beautiful in some way. It’s not the night she’s afraid of, it’s what the night will bring in the morning. In more technical terms, I tried to limit my colour palette, I did less brushstrokes just to try something new and I avoided making her looking straight on from the canvas so she (the character) could look more of a part of her setting (instead of a portrait). I don't like how the hand turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment